Monday 6 July 2015

All Natural Fudge Chocolate Squares



I don't know about you, but I can lose hours and hours searching Pinterest for exciting recipes. I have separate boards for a variety of courses, from drinks to veggie dishes. My favourite board to add to though has to be my baking/treat board

On Sunday, James and I spent the day in the kitchen baking up some treats. All three recipes we followed came from Pinterest, it really is the greatest and most extensive cook book you could ever ask for! 


I am a big fan of all things healthy, and love to see how you can make treats which taste great and are great for your insides too! These tick all the boxes, made from all natural ingredients, and tasting SENSATIONAL. My taste testers (my Mum & sister) both vouched for how great these are, and as they both love chocolate, I saw this as a real compliment! The recipe is adapted from this one. I measured out the ingredients using cups as this is what the recipe used, and I often find the American way much easier and less messy! 







Healthy Fudge Chocolate Squares 
Makes 32 bite size squares

Ingredients

1 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup cocoa powder

2 ripe bananas
4 TBSP almond butter (I used Meridian Almond Butter// sub with peanut butter if you wish)
1/4 cup more cocoa powder
4 TBSP honey

Instructions

First up, soak the dates in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes or so.
Whilst the dates soak, chop/crush the almonds and walnuts into small pieces.
Mix together the almonds, walnuts, cocoa powder.
Drain the dates, and add to the mixture until well combined.
Spread the mixture in a baking pan or dish (grease first with a little butter) and press down with a spoon/

Mash the bananas well with a fork.
In a bowl, mix the mashed banana with the almond butter, honey and cocoa powder. 
Mix until well combined, either by hand or using a kitchen aid.
Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom layer.

Place in the freezer for a few hours, or until the top layer is solid enough to cut through.
Using a sharp knife, cut in to squares (I made mine in to 32 small squares, but if you would like them a little bigger, simply cut into 16!)

Place any uneaten squares back in the freezer to consume at your leisure.
Simply remove from the freezer as many as you need, and tuck in!



Rosie
x

No comments :

Post a Comment