Saturday, 9 May 2015
This Week's Happiness List
The past week has been a bit of a strange one for me. After weeks of slaving away on University assignments, this week has been a little quiet in terms of studying. It feels a little like the calm before the storm of finals. I am taking a bit of time to get geared up for a few weeks of hard core revising and studying as much as possible so I can finish my time at University doing as well as possible. For now, here are the things which made me happy this past week.
1. A good old catch up with one of my oldest and closest friends, Beth, on bank holiday Monday. We met at Leaf on Bold Street as Beth was up visiting her sister for the weekend. I love those moments with friends you haven't seen for ages when you have so much to chat about & catch up on.
2. Booking my first holiday of the summer! Bex and I booked our flights to go to Ljubljana in June, and I am beyond excited to visit somewhere new. I have been reading up on places to visit in what has been termed the most underrated city in Europe!
3. Voting for the first time on Thursday. It was the UK general election on Thursday, and the first time I have been eligible to cast my vote at such a big event. It really made me stop and think about how lucky we are to live in a democracy in which we have a say in what happens to our country, something which so many people around the world miss out on.
4. Getting a blow dry in preparation for the AU awards night on Friday. I now love going to the hairdressers, something which I never thought I would say, mainly for the head massage they give you when washing your hair!
5. AU awards night on Friday night at the Adelphi. It was a bitter sweet night, a lovely chance to spend the evening with some of my closest friends, but also it signalled the end of an era as the last official event in the sporting year, and the last event I will attend as a member of the Liverpool Foxes Cheerleading club.