Monday 4 May 2015

Date Night at The Quarter

Liverpool really is an amazing place to be right now. 

There are so many fantastic independent eateries, bars and projects going on around the city,and there seems to be a real buzz in the air.

Bold Street thus far has been my favourite place to go to get a real taste of this side of Liverpool. Recently however, I have been trying to branch out and experience some other independents which the city has to offer. Nestled between the Philharmonic and the Anglican Cathedral is The Quarter on Falkner Street, a deli and restaurant which is a real hidden gem. 

It is glorious. 


*I take no credit for the above picture. I got it from the Quarters facebook page


After James' mammoth journey from Stevenage (it should have taken 3.5 hours, it took 6!) we took a stroll to our venue of choice for the evening. The staff were so accommodating in letting me push the table back by half an hour due to James being delayed, which allowed us to get in without being rushed off our feet. 


After being seated, we got to the real job of choosing what to have. The menu has recently been updated and there was a wide range of specials which I always see as a really great thing in a restaurant, it shows innovation and fresh produce are used, which can only lead to tasty dishes!




After much deliberation, we decided to have a few nibbly bits to start. Balsamic onions with feta, guindilla chillies and olives. I do love a pick and choose starter!





For mains I opted for the Greek Salad, a beautifully arranged concoction of some of my favourite things, and James opted for the Steak Au Poivre pizza. James was so pleased with his choice he said it was 'the best pizza I have ever had'. Coming from James, that is a massive compliment, and I will definitely be returning if I get the chance before I graduate!



Rosie
x

No comments :

Post a Comment