Wednesday 20 May 2015

Carrot Cake Energy Bites

It has been an age since I last posted a recipe, and I thought it was high time I posted another. I decided to adapt a recipe I had pinned a few weeks back, clean eating carrot cake bites. My no bake snicker energy bites have become one of my favourite things to make, and they always receive rave reviews, so making a variation of these energy bites was a no brainer. 

These are perfect to make to power you through a library session, the afternoon munchies and as a post workout energy boost. 

To make a batch of carrot cake energy bites you will need:

- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 flaked almonds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup of smooth peanut butter 
- 1/4 cup honey





Measure out all of your ingredients. 




In a large bowl, mix the oats, grated carrot, raisins, flaked almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined. 

Add the peanut butter and honey to the mixture. Once well combined, refrigerate the mixture for an hour, or until firm. 


Remove from the fridge. Using your fingers, roll the mixture into 1 inch balls. The mixture should make 24 bites of this size, but feel free to make the bites to the size you wish. 



Refrigerate the energy bites. They should keep for 3-4 days, if they last that long that is!

Rosie
x

No comments :

Post a Comment