Monday 24 August 2015

Sometime I Feel Like I'm in Barcelona

"Friends are like stars, you don't always have to see them, but you know they are always there"



With the steady descent into full blown adulthood in full swing, it is such a blessing to be able to meet up with old friends and reminisce about old times and share in new ones. 

With that in mind, I joined a few of my old school friends for a mid-week trip to Barcelona. 


To start as we meant to go on, we began our holiday with a jug of cocktail at the airport lounge before boarding our plane heading to Espana! 

The trip was a roaring success, filled with a mixture of lazing about on the beach and sight seeing. In order to keep this post short and sweet, I will share some of my many highlights from the trip, and tips for anyone looking to visit the wonderful city of Barcelona.

Tip #1: Visit the Sagrada Familia at least once. If you don't, you basically haven't been to Barcelona ;)





Tip #2: Marvel at the wonder that is Gaudi's work. There are so many different places to visit which include works by him, but my personal recommendation is Park Guell.









Tip #3: Go on a Sandeman's FREE walking tour. I cannot stress this enough, this company is absolutely top notch and I promise you will not be left disappointed or bored!



Tip #4: Pretend your in a hybrid between Paris and the tropics with a walk down Barcelona's Champs Elysees.



Tip #5: Brave the beach and/or the port. It may be absolutely loaded with people, but it really is a wonderful place to be, especially in the evenings when salsa dancing couples take over the street (yes, really!). 




Tip #6: Sample the local cuisine. Tapas, paella and sangria are a must. La Boqueria Market is a great place to spend a bit of time wandering around, especially for foodies. 




Tip #7: Find out about any local festivals/activities taking place whilst you are there. We attended an outdoor film festival on Montjuic which was one of the best summer nights I have ever had. 




Barcelona, I will be back!

Rosie
x

No comments :

Post a Comment